More World Book Day Events 2017

Last week...for the second week....I had more wonderful World Book Day events with two of my favourite authors and more of my favourite schools came to visit at Charlie Byrnes Bookshop. A bit unusual perhaps, but if it were up to me, every day would be World Book Day. So to keep the message going, Patricia Forde came to say us and spoke to the girls from Mercy Primary about her writing life and all of her books, but especially about the incredible novel, The Wordsmith. If you haven't read The Wordsmith yet, I strongly recommend this incredible book. And, I'm told it is to be published in the US later this year as The List.








We were also treated to a visit by Marguerite Tonery, who graciously spoke to two class groups and took us all away to Kapheus, the fantastical world of light. The kids from St Nicholas Primary and Scoil Iognaid were mesmerised by the journey...as was I. Marguerite has three Kapheus books out now, each one as amazing as the each other.



















Finally, I had a visit from the 1st/2nd class from St Nicholas Primary, during which I got to read to them! My favourite thing to do. We read A Child of Books by Oliver Jeffers & Sam Winston, The Knight Who Wouldn't Fight by Helen & Thomas Docherty and, of course, Where The Wild Things Are By Maurice Sendak. It wouldn't be a World Book Day celebration without it!
Big thank yous to everyone! I'm already looking forward to next year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rights of the Reader

The Summer of Lily and Esme by John Quinn....25 years

Joyous Jolabokaflod!!!!